Joyz Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Company”) recognizes the importance of personal information protection and will strive to protect personal information in accordance with the following policy.
When using the services provided through the English learning application TerraTalk (hereinafter referred to as “Services”) run by the Company, please consent to the following terms.
Article 1 Definition of Personal Information
For the purpose of the Services, personal information means name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, name of the user’s affiliated company/organization, job title, account number at a financial institution, credit card number, or other information that can be used to identify a specific person either individually or in combination of two or more.
Article 2 Points to Note related to Language Learning using Artificial Intelligence
1. All users of the services (hereinafter referred to as “User(s)”) acknowledge that in relation to the language learning provided by the Services, the artificial intelligence system of the Services may store the contents of the User’s conversations, and when using the Services, the User shall try to avoid conversations including personal information during the language learning through the Services.
Article 3 Purposes of Use of Personal Information
(i) To provide or report on the Services
(ii) To invoice the use fee for the Services or for credit management
(iii) To issue various communications in relation to the Services (including sending email magazines, direct mail advertising, mailing items and sending gifts)
(iv) To distribute advertisements in the Services
(v) To conduct various campaigns and surveys
(vi) To grasp the status of use of the Services or create statistical data
(vii) To improve the Services and develop new services
(viii) To resolve disputes and problems that occur in relation to the Services
(ix) To respond to inquiries about the Services
(x) To contact the User of the Services when necessary
(xi) For any other purposes pertaining to the Purposes of Use stated above
Article 4 Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
1. The Company shall not provide personal information to a third party without the relevant User’s prior consent except in the following cases. However, please be advised that because the Services is designed as a service for information sharing, communication, and matching between Users, excluding the contents managed or set as private, in principle, the posts made on the Company’s website may be made public on the Internet and be subject to search engine searches.
2. In the case of any of the items below, the Company may provide personal information beyond the scope of the purposes of use without the relevant User’s consent.
(i) When the disclosure of personal information is requested by a court, Public Prosecutors’ Office, police, tax office, bar association or other institution with equivalent authority
(ii) When information about orders and applications made by members is transferred to contractors for the purpose of providing application services, Web services, or other associated services run by the Company.
(iii) When information is disclosed to the contractor for account settlement
(iv) When all or part of the operations conducted by the Company is outsourced to a third party
(v) When information is disclosed to parties who undertake confidentiality obligations to the Company
(vi) When it is necessary for the Company to exercise its rights
(vii) When information is disclosed to the successor in the event of succession of the business due to a merger, business transfer or other reason
(viii) When it is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or other laws and regulations
Article 5 Managing the Safety of Personal Information
1. The Company shall maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it safely.
2. The Company shall take appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc., in order to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, leakage, etc. of personal information.
3. The Company shall conclude a confidentiality agreement and perform an appropriate management in the event that the handling of personal information is outsourced to an external party.
Article 6 Use of Statistical Information Regarding Access
Article 7 Cookies and Other Technologies
The Services use the User’s cookie, Web beacon and other technologies for the purpose of grasping the trends in the use, increasing the efficiency of advertisements, inflow from search engines and temporary retention of information. The information stored in the cookie does not contain personal information. Please be advised that if the cookie is inactivated, it may not be possible to use a majority of the functions of the Services.
Article 8 Requests for a Suspension or Correction of Personal Information
The Company shall respond in writing or by e-mail to requests for disclosure, amendment, deletion, and suspension of use of personal information in accordance with the provisions of the laws and regulations after verifying the identity of the User. However, this provision shall not apply if making such responses will hinder the operation of the Company or the Company is not obligated to respond under the laws and regulations regarding personal information or other laws and regulations.
Date: 18 February 2016